Sign in or
PBS Kids "PTV" IDs
logo description by Jonathan Hendricks
(October 11, 1993-September 5, 1999)
Logo: We see a bird's-eye-view of the "PTV Park" setting, which starts with a sign that says "PTV" in its corporate font (notice the "P" is represented by the 1971 PBS P-Head, from the 2nd PBS logo) being guarded by 2 P-Pals named Polly and Pernell. The camera flies in under the sign so we get a good view of everything: lots of P-Pals doing their own activities, multicolored P-Pal-style drawings of the Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood sets, and carnival-themed structures. We head towards a periwinkle tent with a red top and a movie screen is on it (resembling those old commercial tents people used to go see in the 1930s) and the regular PBS Kids ident plays (minus the "This Is...!" part).
- Blimp ID - KTCA in Minneapolis
- Basketball ID - WVIZ in Cleveland and KPBS in San Diego
- Farm ID - KERA in Dallas and KPBS in San Diego
- Train ID - KPBS in San Diego and KERA in Dallas
- Balloon ID - WGBH in Boston
- Rocket ID - Wisconsin Public Television, KTCA in Minneapolis, and KERA in Dallas (Rocket mirrored in KERA and KTCA's versions)
- Amusement Park ID - WNET in New York City (it said "Newark, NJ" in the ID, though) and KTCA in Minneapolis
- Artist ID - WLRN in Miami and WGBH in Boston
- Submarine ID - University of North Carolina Public Television and WNET in New York City
- Another Blimp ID - KERA in Dallas
- Dinosaur ID - KERA in Dallas, KTCA in Minneapolis and WNED in Buffalo
- Greetings ID - WMVS in Milwaukee, WLRN in Miami, South Dakota Public Broadcasting and KERA in Dallas
- Dancing ID - WTVS in Detroit and WGTE in Toledo
- Graffiti ID - Georgia Public Television, WGBH in Boston, and WGTE in Toledo
- Piano ID - WVIZ in Cleveland
- Truck ID - Louisiana Public Broadcasting and KAET in Phoenix
FX/SFX: The camera flying in under the PTV sign then zooming in towards the tent.
Music/Sounds: A playful circus-like tune with bongos, a marimba and an electric piano with kids saying "Hi! You're in PTV Park On..." By this point, it culminates into the rest of the regular PBS Kids jingle. The PTV Station IDs have different music, and in some cases, have announcements (such as generic ones like "You're watching KERA, channel 13" or custom to the theme of the ID, such as "You can really score when you watch KPBS San Diego!". There's also a funny v/o in the basketball-themed WVIZ ID-- "You're watching KID-TV on VIZ, the station with the bad show for kids!" [referencing Barney and Friends]). Of course, some, like those for KTCA and WGBH, for example, do not contain voice-overs at all.
Availability: Extinct. Was not seen in between shows like the Surprise ident. This was seen at the end of Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.
Scare Factor: None to very low; depends on what you think of the 1993 ident popping up all of a sudden, but it's generally a cute logo.
Latest page update: made by StephenCezar15
, Sep 27 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by StephenCezar15
1 word added
5 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.